July 30, 2009

Yoghurt When Having Cough?

Keira has been coughing for at least 3 weeks now. It's not a severe one, but it's a lil phlegmy. I told Jilly that Keira's immune system is considered weak, cos she has had cough and flu for... maybe 3-4 times in 8 months? Jilly recommended yoghurt, cos it plays an important role in nutrition.

(Important: do not give strawberry & kiwi to babies)

After doing much research whether I should give her now or after she recovers from her cough, I've decided to try it now.

Few moms have blog about how their children get better after consuming yoghurt, a few others stated that it's not good cos yoghurt will thicken the phlegm. But milk will also give the same effect, takkan I stop giving her milk right?

So I went to JUSCO to buy organic yoghurt, bananas, and sweet potato (and oh I also bought a light dessert for my hubby who needs to work til late tonite *wink*). And I just read that sweet potato is full of vitamin C and yoghurt is full of zinc, which are both good for health. *yay*

Anyway, I'll let you know if this works!


4 comments:

erin wong said...

I dun know about cough, but yoghurt is awesome for lotsa things!

Good for your face, hair, and *cough* V *cough* area to get rid of yeast infections wat not.

Juli Joe said...

wah really ar?? i only ate yoghurt during my pregnancy.. after that never d... i think must start the good habit again...

my first attempt to give keira the yoghurt+banana failed! not sweet enuf.. she didn't want to eat. :(

FenFen said...

steam her sweet portatoes ler..its usually quite nice and very frangrant..especially those japanese sweet potatoes...its purple in colour :)

Juli Joe said...

Hi YenFen, yeah i will steam the sweet potato for her lunch tmrw.

Few weeks ago, we bought one very dark purple sweet potato, even the inside is purple (it's not yam though), thank God i tried before giving it to Keira, it's like eating something poisonous.

hopefully this time round, i bought the correct one :)