July 26, 2010

SJMC at 3.30am

Keira had cough AGAIN yesterday!!! She was still happy and bubbly the whole day even until before she slept last night. We were singing together, playing and laughing (yeah just the two of us and I loved those moments, even though it would be even better if papa was around). Then at night, she suddenly coughed and vomitted, few hours after that, about 3am to be exact, she coughed and vomited again... and that time I realized she had a fever, high fever.

So i sponged her forehead, changed short sleeve for her... measured her temp... and it was 40 deg. It got me very worried. I sponged her until she got irritated and cried. Offered her water, after drinking, she vomitted again.

So wihout further thought, I brought her to SJMC at 3.30am. The nurse gave her a medication thru her buttock and doc gave her some oral meds. That time, her fever had subsided to 38.8 deg.

After reaching home, I sponged her about 4 times, and the temp went down to below 38 deg. Thank God my mom was with me, or else I dont know how to manage, cos it was raining when I brought her out.

Pray that she will sleep well tonight and the fever wont come back.

Oh yeah, i asked the doc why she got flu and cough so easily. The doc said she just had a sensitive nose. Nothing much can be done. :(

I was about to change her pediatrician. But then I searched from the internet, many people gave good comments about this ped. So ... errr... I need to consider about it again. If you know any good ped, please let me know!


No comments: