August 05, 2012

First Week Postpartum

Today marks day 8.

First 4 days were very tiring because baby needed to nurse every hour or less. Sore nipples, sleepless nights and moodiness were not a good combo. But after frequent nursing, I started to have more breastmilk and was able to pump out and let the confinement lady fed her at night while I slept. 

Another challenge was the jealous sister. Oh my. Keira wanted me to sleep with her every night and she would wake up during midnight and cried cos I wasn't next to her. Prior to the sister's arrival, we had been together all the time. The transition was hard,  I felt so bad. But she just had to overcome it. Things are slowly getting better now. Thank God!


Now about my confinement lady, Auntie Susan. She has been great. The only thing that I disliked was she kept asking me to mix formula and breastmilk. You know the first 4 days, when you were tired and discouraged and feeling blue bla bla bla... and she kept telling the baby "aiyo mommy no nenen ah... dont want to mix formula ah." Oh my goodness!  But the moment I had more than enough to pump, she was amazing. Her cooking is nice, she is not calculative, and is very knowledgeable. The way she handles newborn is good too. She helps to clean up and cook for other family members. I highly recommend her to moms to be, just that you have to be very persistent and determined to exclusively breastfeed, else you'll be shaken the first few days

So far, baby has been a good girl. Other than the need of frequent nursing, I haven't had any problem handling her *touch wood*. I'm praying that things won't get too hard for me especially cos Keith won't be around. 

Meanwhile, I'll just try to enjoy this resting period. Pray for us!

8 comments:

Faith said...

Juli, you are awesome! :) I've known many mamas out there who mix formula and breastmilk right from Day 1. They r afraid that baby might not be getting enough..

Juli Joe said...

yeah... i mixed when i had keira last time. that's why she has skin allergies and easily got cough & running nose.

Doc said if there's any skin allergies or sinus in the family history, better don't give formula first...

Doc even said "pls pls pls don't give up breastfeeding..." so i think it's really really really very important...

jia you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli Joe,

Can you share the info of your previous confinement lady "Auntie Susan" ?
Contact No ? :
Pricing & work for how many days - 28/30 ? :


Regards,
eophelia@gmail.com / 017-2387811

Meyson said...

Hi, is there anyway to share the price for Auntie Susan's service?

My email - leelingfong@gmail.com

Juli Joe said...

Hi Meyson, I've sent you an email.

Anonymous said...

How much she charge and mind to recommend? What did she cook everyday? Same food? What is her contact? KIndly email to me. TQ
qlanelleq@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, May i have Auntie Sutan's phone number and her price of service?

Thank you very much. Appreciate.

eleankhoo@hotmail.com

Juli Joe said...

If any of you still needs Auntie Susan's service, her contact no is 012-491 8560.