September 11, 2012

TO CARRY OR NOT TO CARRY

There's this term called CIO, stands for crying it out, that is popular among parents. Basically it's like a training for the baby to sleep on her own; cry it out then sleep. Moms and dads won't carry the baby to sleep.

Caedy has been quite cranky and demand to be carried at around 7-11pm, oh btw I have to walk around while carrying her. That's also the time I need to settle Keira (dinner, shower, change, homework, play, story time, etc). So I'm trying this CIO method for the first time last night.

I let Caedy cry for about 15-20mins. She didn't stop at all, I talked to her and pat her, but no carrying. She continued crying, so I checked her diaper. At the end she managed to sleep before 10pm. She then woke up at around 1am, fed her and then she slept on her own. But at 3am, she woke up screaming. Tummy had gas!! I suspected it was due to excessive crying. So I carried her for a while, walked around while giving pressure on her tummy, rubbed some oil, and there was an explosive gas + poo after that... Phew... then nursed her and she slept back...

It wasn't as smooth as I wanted. It was tough actually. But for long time advantage for everyone... I think I just have to do it. I can't wait til she's older so that she can at least show me different expression. I need to see her smile back at me, to assure me that she's a happy baby. But for now, I think I just gotta bear with it...



So here's for all mommies n daddies that have gone thru or going thru or will go thru this phase! It's all gonna pass soon, so just cherish this moment :)

No comments: