March 18, 2014

New Necessities

During this water rationing period, I realize these have become the necessities in the house. In case you don't know, I have 6 children and 2 adults to look after, so no water can be quite disastrous.
But thank God it's still manageable so far. Phew!

1. Large packs of Spritzer (5 packs to be exact)
I refill them with espring water (Amway water filter) every time the water supply is back. 5 packs of 9L water is usually enough for 2 days.

2. Baby wipes
I know I know.. we need to go green. But please just excuse me for this season. I need to stay sane. It's to wipe the kids, to wipe the spill, to wipe my hands after every diaper change, to remove make-up ... well basically everything.



3. Buds' Nappy Time Rinse Free Cleanser
Usually I rinse the kids' bumbum instead of just using the wipes, but since there's no water supply, this nappy cleanser comes in handy. *wink*

4. Disposable foam food containers and disposable spoons
I only use these for my family though. I'm still using proper bowls and spoons to feed the children I'm babysitting. Well, at least I reduce the need to wash those plates and spoons.

5. Glass containers
So I bought these glass containers to store our lunch and dinner. Basically I cook a big pot of dish that can last for 3 days ... Therefore 3 containers. Usually 1 will go to the fridge (to be consumed the next day) and 2 containers go into the freezer. So yeah quite pity the kids actually, they have to eat the same dish for 3 days in a row. Oh well, probably it can be a good time to teach them to be thankful for whatever food we have :D




6. Pails of Water (Duh??!)
I have 5 pails of water downstairs, and 2 big ones upstairs... Yeap usually enough for 1 day. And another day using water from the "tangki".









Oh!! now that it's raining outside, probably I should store some rain water for toilet use eh???

BYE!








No comments: