March 04, 2014

WORRY NOT

OK at first, I thought I am probably not the right person to post anything to ask people not to worry cos usually I am the first one to get frantic and paranoid especially when it is in regards to my loved ones. Then, there's this voice that whispered to me (of cos it wasn't an audible whisper, else I'D HAVE TOTALLY FREAKED OUT) that says someone can't write anything about worry unless he/she has experienced and overcome it. Well, I won't say I have totally overcome my tendency to worry but I have improved (a little bit). 

Many times, things are just out of our control. I know many parents are worried about the haze that has been around for like ages, the crazy hot weather that causes water disruptions, the annoying blood suckers aka Mrs. Aedes Aegypti, the ever increasing illnesses and diseases, stories about maids abusing babies, not to mention the rising cost of living and the list goes on. Recently, all 3 children that I'm babysitting are not well. Some has been having prolonged cough and runny nose for weeks, some has viral fever and is on antibiotic. It's not easy for the parents, and for me. 



But then, "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" (Matt 6:27).

Choosing not to worry doesn't mean being ignorant. I am taking precautions and doing my best to protect the children and my family. I make sure the kids stay indoor as much as possible, I spray the mosquitoes repellent in the rooms an hour before the kids' bedtime and then ventilate it before they go in to sleep, I wash their hands & wipe their faces frequently, I increase their probiotic intake to make sure their bodies have strong immune system to fight in this season etc. 




That's pretty much what I can do for them. Other than that, I'm just trusting God that He is in control. I have done my part and I let Him do the rest. This season, too, shall pass.

2 Corinthians 4: 17-18 “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. 


So don't worry.


No comments: