June 17, 2012

Confinement Period #1 vs #2

In the previous confinement period, I didn't do well. So, this time round, I've made better preparation. Hopefully, even if I have postpartum blue again, I can cope better.

First of all, I have engaged a confinement lady, who will help to care for Caedy, do the laundry, cook for me & family and do basic house chores. (#1 confinement, I didn't have one, I constantly worried that my mom would be too tired & I was so stressed out when the house wasn't as clean as I wanted.)

I accept the fact that if I want my mom to come and help to look after Keira, there are things that I have to agree with her, i.e. do not walk up and down the stairs the first few days, do not wash hair daily (gonna try Comfy Care dry shampoo for the first time), and so on. I'll try to compromise on things that won't harm me and the baby and just take things easily. (#1 confinement: I pulled a long face many times because I just couldn't agree with my mom & I constantly "judged" the way she did things.)

I have bought Amway's "Post Natal Tropical Herbs".  I think it's very convenient, in terms of preparation and consumption. I still remember, my mom bought a full set of pre-packed herbs and she had to boil it for hours and I had to drink bowlssss of soup & herbal drinks daily, I was sweaty & bloated all the time. So this time round, just normal soup with meals + the Amway products. Oh ya, the post natal set also comes with the herbal bath, massage oil, herbal tea, etc... I read some good reviews about the products.

Now that I've settled my own part and my mom's part, I really pray that Keira will adapt to the new addition well and the confinement lady will be cooperative with how I want things to be done. I only have less than a month to put Keira back to her routine (back to school & daycare, sleep early, sleep on her own bed bla bla bla...), so wish me luck!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!




No comments: