June 15, 2012

Second Pregnancy w Caedy Tay

I had been telling many people that I enjoyed my first pregnancy so much; no complication, no morning sickness... basically it was great!


But this time round, it's TOTALLY different. I had morning sickness & pelvic pain (it's like the lower parts of my body were going to fall apart and I could hardly walk/move) for the first 4 months, heartburn & constipation during the second trimester, but thankfully my third trimester hasn't been too tough, just restless nights & the frequent midnight visit to the loo (you know this!). Have I mentioned that I kissed goodbye to glowing skin? I have red rough patches on my chin & cheek. But this happened during my first pregnancy too.


Oh btw, it has nothing to do with the babies' gender. They are both girls but yet the pregnancies were almost completely different.


My first pregnancy was smooth but the confinement period was gloomy. I had postpartum blue for the first 2 weeks. So this time round, I prepared myself well. I have engaged a confinement lady, I have planned what I am going and not going to do. And most importantly, not to sweat the small stuff & get plenty of rest whenever I can. (I'll write in another blog what I'll do different with my confinement period this time round.)


If you are pregnant for the first time, my advice is that you get good rest, it does good to you. (you are prone to be moody if you don't have enough rest). Eat healthily & exercise (walk, swim or yoga) cos it helps with labor & delivery. 


If this is not your first pregnancy, you know that you can't be so flexible anymore. You have to look after your other kid(s). You can't sleep whenever you want. So tell your partner what you expect him to help. Support one another.Take advantage of the time you spend w your kids, i.e. when you read stories for them, you are also reading it to the baby in the womb.


Again, don't sweat the small stuff. :)

No comments: