August 13, 2014

First Outing After 2 Weeks of Quarantine

After 2 weeks of quarantine, I'm SO GLAD that I can finally bring the 2 kids out. But I still prefer that they have no interaction with other kids yet, just to be safe. Keira will be back to school next week. 

Brought them out to eat their favorite spaghetti... HAPPY!



what is an outing without chocolate ice cream?!?
Their smiles were precious!

And after that, we came back home so that Caedy could take her nap and Keira and I did our baking! I've never really baked, in fact, I don't like baking but seems like Keira has been into it lately. This is our second time baking this week.

We used estimation for all the ingredients and it turned out OK. Not the best cupcakes (and we forgot to buy cupcake liners) but pretty decent for amateurs like us. 


Ingredients:
1.5 cups of cake flour (i used "Radiant")
1 cup of sugar (i substituted it with molasses sugar)
1 egg
1 cup of milk
0.5 cup of unsalted butter (at room temp) / vege oil / coconut oil
1 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened, i used "Van Houten") 
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of coffee powder
Chocolate chips ("i used "Hershey's")

I just mixed all the ingredients using a spatula. Preheat oven 175 deg Celcius and start baking for 20 minutes. Again, you don't expect super moist perfect cupcakes but they are soft (unfortunately, not fluffy) and taste is just nice (not too sweet). Most importantly, Keira likes it and she's proud of herself after the baking session. 

For me, with a cuppa OldTown White Coffee, it's good enough for my tea time snack. 


I quite enjoy a day like this, but definitely can't afford to do it daily. 






No comments: